Northwest College

Hathaway Scholarships

Applying for Hathaway

Applying to use your Hathaway Scholarship at NWC is easy! Follow this process and timeline:

  • Apply for admission early in your senior year and supply a current copy of your high school transcript and ACT, SAT, or WorkKeys score and if you are eligible Northwest College's Hathaway Scholarship Technician will award you a provisional Hathaway amount.
  • Students must apply within four years of high school graduation or receiving their GED/HiSET/TASC (High School Equivalency Certificate Test)and initiate the scholarship by the following fall. Home-school students must apply prior to their 21st birthday. 
  • Once NWC receives your final high school transcript and any new test scores the Hathaway Tech will inform you of your final Hathaway Scholarship award amount.
  • To see if you qualify for the Need Based Hathaway Scholarship the FAFSA is required. When your FAFSA information is received, the Hathaway Scholarship Tech will determine if you have  eligibility for the Need Based Hathaway Scholarship.
  • Hathaway awards are dependent on final high school GPA/GED/HiSET/TASC, ACT/SAT, or WorkKeys scores and curriculum requirements.


  • Students who are not United States citizens, or are not permanent resident aliens
  • Students who are incarcerated
  • Students who are in default or owe on a Title IV or other federal or state education loan(s)
  • Students who have not complied with the United States Selective Service requirements for registration
  • Students who have been convicted of a felony (appeals can be heard through the Wyoming Department of Education

(This information is based on our understanding of current legislation and is subject to change)


Financial Aid
Orendorff Building