Northwest College

Types of Aid


Grants are need-based allotments of money from the federal government that do not have to be repaid. You’ll automatically receive all your grants by completing the FAFSA.

These are the grants most often awarded to NWC students:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so complete your FAFSA early. You’ll be notified of any grants you receive in your award letter.


Find out more about federal grants on the Federal Student Aid website.


Financial Aid
Orendorff Building, ORB104
307-754-6154 (Fax)
307-754-6225 (TTY)

Don't Lose Your Pell/FSEOG Grants

Before you drop a class, or if you receive a failing grade, make sure you aren't at risk of losing your grant due to unsatisfactory academic progress.

Loans aren't awarded automatically

Unlike grants, which are awarded automatically through your FAFSA, you must apply for loans.