Welcome incoming and returning students! We're pleased you're choosing to attend NWC! To help you pursue financial aid resources, the Financial Aid Office offers you this reference checklist.
While this is not an exhaustive list of everything to do to explore every type of financial aid at NWC, working your way through these items will help guide you through applying for the "BIG 3": Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), NWC scholarships, & WY Hathaway Scholarships. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information on the financial aid process.
- 1. I have submitted my application for admission/readmission to the Admissions Office.
- 2. I have been accepted for admission/readmission as a degree seeking student. I have a complete file in the Admissions Office.
- 3. I have provided the College with a copy of my final high school transcript, GED/HiSET/TASC equivalency, or verification of Home Schooled Graduation.
- 4. I have official academic transcripts on file with the Northwest College Admissions Office for all institutions of higher education (post-secondary education) I have previously attended.
- 5. I have enrolled in classes so that the Financial Aid Office may evaluate my course selections and calculate my enrollment status.
Financial Aid Office
- I have applied for NWC scholarships at www.nwc.edu/scholarships. (re-apply for each academic year)
- I have applied for federal student aid by (A) creating a Federal Student Aid ID (https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id) and (B) using it to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov (click on apply for aid). FAFSA: must re-apply for each academic year.
- If I am a male 18 years and older, I have registered with the Selective Service at https://www.sss.gov .
- I have completed the NWC Financial Aid Student Information Form and provided all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office.
- If I am (or my parents are) a federal loan borrower, I have completed a Stafford/PLUS loan Application/Promissory Note. (The Stafford Master Promissory Note is available online at www.nwc.edu/stafford.)
- If I am a first time federal student loan borrower, I have completed my Entrance Loan Counseling requirement at https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans.
- If I graduated from a Wyoming high school after 2006, I have inquired about my WY Hathaway Scholarship eligibility by contacting the NWC Hathaway Technician, www.nwc.edu/scholarships/hathaway/
- I have accepted/declined (all or portions) of my Financial Aid Offer Letter.
Click here for a printable version of the above checklist.