Obtaining a library card and PIN
All NWC students, faculty and staff
are issued a NWC virtual ID card that becomes your library card when we register your ID number in the library's system. For easy use, upload an image of your ID card with barcode on your phone or other device so librarians can scan it upon check out. If you have a physical ID card, please bring it when you wish to check out physical materials. Faculty/staff cards expire after 5 years, but may be renewed. Student cards expire each year in July, but may be renewed if student status continues.
Community users and visiting researchers from other Wyoming institutions
may obtain a physical NWC community library card by asking at the front circulation counter or by contacting us
. Visitors may also use their Powell or Park County library card or another Wyoming-issued (WYLD) library card. Hinckley Library community/visitor cards expire after 3 years, but may be renewed.
NWC library cards are accepted at the Park County public libraries in Powell, Cody, and Meeteetse as well at other WYLD libraries.
Your PIN number is assigned when you register your ID card as a library card (Other Wyoming library cards will have their own PIN numbers). Don't know your PIN?--come see us or contact us
. You may change your PIN by logging on to Your Library Account.
You will need your library card number and PIN.
Library Card # example: NWC0012345 [Student/Employee ID number] or 29092... (do not include "a" or "b")
University of Wyoming Libraries and Wyoming Community College Libraries Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (Check out items while visiting another library.)
The purpose of this Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement is to provide the Northwest College community with convenient access to circulating library materials for teaching and research when users are visiting a Wyoming academic library in person. This agreement includes the University of Wyoming libraries, Northwest College John Taggart Hinckley library, George Hopper Law Library, and Wyoming Community College libraries.
Current students, faculty, and staff with library accounts in good standing at their home libraries are eligible to borrow circulating library materials from a host library. Visiting users will be required to present a valid institutional photo ID (physical or digital image) to demonstrate eligibility for reciprocal borrowing from the host library and may be required to provide a government-issued ID for purposes of setting up a library account with the host library.
There is no cost for reciprocal borrowing privileges; however, borrowers may be charged late return and lost or damaged item fees according to the host library's policies. Borrowers should return materials directly to the host library and abide by the host library's policies.
This agreement is separate from any existing reciprocal agreements for interlibrary loans between institutions.
Loan Periods & Book Returns
NWC faculty and staff may borrow library materials for one semester. Items may be renewed upon request.
Students, community members, and visiting UW & Wyoming Community College academics loan periods:
- The physical book collection is loaned for 28 days, with one renewal (unless item has been requested by another library user).
- Audiovisual (CD, DVD) items circulate for one week with a one week renewal.
- Reserves are variable with 2-hour in-library use as the standard loan period.
- Periodicals are circulated. You may check them out for one week.
- Items may be renewed at the discretion of the library staff. You may renew your items once under Your Library Account or by visiting the library.
- An outside Book Return slot is located to the right of the Library's west entrance (bell tower side of library).
- Library materials may be returned to the book drop slot located at the front circulation/reference counter. Items may be mailed to the library's campus address.
- Hinckley Library does not charge daily late fines; however, borrowers with lost or damaged items will incur the cost of replacing the item, plus a $5.00 processing fee per item.
- Overdue and billing notices will be texted and/or mailed to postal addresses currently on file. Email addresses and phone numbers on file will be used for back-up contact information. If an invoice is not paid by the late due date, an additonal $15.00 fee will be assessed.
- Hinckley Library prefers to have the items returned, rather than your money! Please contact us with any return issues.