Wyoming Works is a state program that provides grants for Wyoming residents and funding for Wyoming community colleges in select technical programs that meet labor and economic development needs. Space and grant funding is limited.
- Wyoming Works Standard Grant will be up to $1680 per academic year.
- Wyoming Works Critical Grant will be up to $3360 per academic year.
A student's grant amount will be limited to their remaining financial need after all other grants and scholarships are considered.
- Must complete an annual FAFSA, be eligible for federal student aid, and demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent US resident who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under federal financial aid requirements.
- Must be a Wyoming resident.
- Must be not receiving the Hathaway Scholarship.
- As required, must be registered with the selective service.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Must be a new program participant starting Fall 2019 or later.
- Must be enrolled in one of the eligible programs:
- Must maintain continuous enrollment in an eligible program.
- A student may transfer from one approved program to another while maintaining continuous enrollment at NWC, or transfer to another Wyoming community college and enroll in an approved program at the transfer institution immediately after transfer.
- A student may be eligible for this grant for no more than three academic years.