Northwest College

The Orendorff Building is now open to the public; Please use the 6th street entrance.
All other buildings still closed to the public.
Get updates at NWC COVID-19; We are open digitally, so please call or email us.

Academic & Career Advising

Advising how-to's

How do I get an academic advisor?

Email the Academic & Career Advising Center, call us at 307-754-6291, or stop by Room 101 in the Orendorff Building if you:

  • haven't received information yet about your advisor
  • want to meet with an advisor before registering for classes, or
  • have questions about academic advising

How do I find out who my academic advisor is and how to connect with her or him?

After logging in to MyNWC look for the Academic Profile menu. Use the Click here to see your current advisor link; you'll find your advisor's name and information about halfway down the page. 

MyNWC Screenshot

How do I change my advisor and/or my major?

Fill out a quick online form to change your advisor and/or major by logging in to MyNWC and looking for the Online Forms menu.

  • Select the Change Advisor and/or Program Form and fill in the required information.
  • If you want to change your advisor without changing your program of study, indicate this in the comments box. You should receive a follow-up email within a day or two of submitting your request.

MyNWC screenshot