Northwest College

Disability Support Services

Service and Assistance Animals

Northwest College strives to create an environment of equal access and is committed to upholding individual rights through the guidance and support of section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the ADAAA as well as The Fair Housing Act. Students who seek reasonable accommodations for disabilities should contact the Disability Services Coordinator.

Through a collaborative, case-by-case basis, Disability Services, Residential Life along with the Vice President of Student Services, will determine if a student’s request for an Assistance Animal in Northwest College’s housing is appropriate and reasonable.

 To submit a request, please complete and return the following:

Upon receipt of the above information, the request will be reviewed by a committee made up of representatives from Disability Services, Residential Housing, Vice President of Student Services and may include other members.  You will be notified of the committee's decision in a timely manner.

Should approval be granted, you will meet with the Disability Services Coordinator or a Residential Life representative to review the Assistance Animal Responsibilities and Agreement.

An Assistance Animal should not be brought to campus until the approval has been granted and the meeting with Disability Services and Residence Life Office has taken place.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kim Fletcher, Disability Support Services Coordinator at 307-754-6135 or by email



Kim Fletcher
Disability Support Services Coordinator