Students interested in obtaining a U.S. driver's license must take a written test, driving test at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Cody or Lovell.
Visit the Wyoming Department of Transportation website for more information about the requirements to apply for a Wyoming driver's license and to take practice tests. To apply for a license you will have to:
- Have OIP sign the International Student Enrollment Verification Form
- Bring your passport, visa, and I-20
- Present 2 forms of ID (most students take their passport and student ID)
- Provide 2 documents proving Wyoming residency (bank statements, NWC billing statements, phone statements, tax returns, bills, etc.)
- Complete an application
- Pay the application fee
- Pass a vision screening
- Pass a driving test. You must supply a vehicle fit for the road. The DMV does not offer vehicles for the test.