Northwest College

The Orendorff Building is now open to the public; Please use the 6th street entrance.
All other buildings still closed to the public.
Get updates at NWC COVID-19; We are open digitally, so please call or email us.

Driving in the U.S.

Students interested in obtaining a U.S. driver's license must take a written test, driving test at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in  Cody or Lovell.

Visit the Wyoming Department of Transportation website for more information about the requirements to apply for a Wyoming driver's license. You will have to:

  • Have OIP sign the International Student Enrollment Verification Form
  • Bring your passport and I-20
  • Present 2 forms of ID (most students take their passport and student ID)
  • Provide 2 documents proving Wyoming residency (bank statements, NWC billing statements, phone statements, tax returns, bills, etc.)
  • Complete an application
  • Pay a $20.00 application fee
  • Pass a vision screening
  • Pass a driving test. You must supply a vehicle fit for the road. The DMV does not offer vehicles for the test.

You can pick up a copy of the Wyoming Rules of the Road booklet from the OIP office.The written test is based on the information in this booklet.



Amanda Enriquez
Intercultural Program Manager
(1) 307-754-6424


Kara Ryf
Intercultural Program Coordinator
(1) 307-754-6429