Northwest College

Academic & Career Advising

First Week Survival Guide

Your MyNWC PORTAL link is found at the top of every NWC webpage. Activate your account by going to You'll need your student ID number, your name as it appears on the acceptance packet, and birthday (or last 4 digits of your social security number). Call 307-754-6101 if you don't know your student ID number. If you have already logged in to your portal and you don't remember the username or password, use to reset your login.

  • Sign up for Kick-off Weekend at You'll meet people, take tours, learn about campus services, and go white water rafting.
  • Looking for a job on campus? Visit to see what's available.
  • Get your student ID and have it validated at the Library or during Kick-off Weekend.
  • Make any schedule changes before/during the 1st week of classes. View other important dates in the Academic Calendar at
Enrollment Services

Orendorff Building - ORB100

  • Admissions
    307-754-6101 /

    Official transcripts, immunizations, or student health form.

  • Advising
    307-754-6124 /

    Need help selecting/registering for classes, learn more about transferring to a 4-year college, interested in getting a job, unsure of what career/major you want to pursue, need an advisor, change your advisor. Assistance with resumes, career planning, and job-seeker services.

  • Financial Aid
    307-754-6158 /

    Hathaway assistance, scholarship help, information about applying for Federal Financial Aid (grants and loans).

  • Registration
    307-754-6149 /

    Add/Drop a class, withdrawal from classes, enrollment verification, FERPA information release, request official degree audit, request an official transcript, graduation application/information.


DeWitt Student Center - DSC
307-754-6195 /

Purchase books for classes and official NWC swag.


Orendorff Building - ORB106
307-754-6048 /

Ask about/pay your bill or set up a payment plan.



DeWitt Student Center - DSC222D
307-754-6067 (day)
307-202-0605 (night)

Any safety/security concern, safety escort service, lost and found, free car unlock (car must be registered), and firearm storage. For an emergency, call 911.


Moyer Building - MB101
307-754-6080 /

Unable to get into your MyNWC Portal, need to register a device on the college Wi-Fi or have a technology related question.


DeWitt Student Center - DSC
307-754-6165 /

Set up a meal plan, questions about housing.


Orendorff Building - ORB101
307-754-6135 /

Counseling: Dealing with stress; feelings of depression; relationship issues with family, friends, or significant others; eating issues and concerns; grief and loss; low self-esteem and self-confidence; anxiety (including testing); drug/alcohol abuse; sexuality; crisis intervention.

Accessibility Support: If you had an IEP or 504 plan in school, have a documented disability, suspect you have learning difficulties, and need accommodations.


Orendorff Building - ORB119
307-754-6159 /

To report sexual misconduct.


Frisby Building (downstairs) - FRS101
307-754-6224 /

Student Support Services: Help with academic success (planning, goal setting, time management), career & transfer (finding a job, resume, cover letter, transfer to university), personal finances (setting a budget, understanding college bill, and how to pay), financial aid (FAFSA, scholarship apps). Can check-out laptop, calculator, recorder, textbooks. Free school supplies, free food & clothing exchange. Qualify if you are a firstgeneration college student (neither parent has bachelor's degree or higher), or income level meets federal guidelines, or you are a student with a disability (learning, physical, mental, or emotional).


Hinckley Library - HL210
307-754-6137 /

Improve your grades, avoid failing or withdrawing from a course, improve performance on recent tests/ quizzes, help performing up to your potential.