Through their interaction with library professionals during library instruction sessions, students should become more skilled at:
- identifying the type and extent of information needed.
- selecting and accessing appropriate library databases.
- searching and finding quality information in physical and/or digital formats.
- evaluating the appropriateness of information relative to their research needs.
Library staff will:
- support the missions of the library and of Northwest College.
- collaborate with faculty and staff to further their instruction needs.
- assist students, faculty, staff, and community members with their library and information needs.
- provide access, both on campus and off campus, to materials and online resources that support classroom and lifelong learning.
- provide a safe learning environment that encourages study and reflection.
Adopted by the Library Committee, 2018