Adult Continuing Education Students (ACES)
Northwest College recognizes that a community college attempts to satisfy a variety of needs for its students. One of these groups is the adult or non-traditional student population.
Non-traditional students are unique in that they may bring to their educational experience the challenges of attending college while still managing their many other responsibilities including employment and parenting.
NWC sponsors Trapper ACES (Adult Continuing Education Students), a student organization designed to assist adult non-traditional students with their transition to college.
ACES may be for you. Are you:
- ...age 23 or older?
- ...married, single, divorced, widowed?
- ...a parent?
- ...a GED or High School graduate?
- ...losing the technology race?
- ...looking for a new job?
- ...seeking a degree or just wanting to take a class?
- ...searching for new job skills?
- ...a displaced homemaker or worker?
- ...identifying more with the non-traditional student?
- ...wanting some spice in your life?
Then check out Trapper ACES!
Trapper ACES provides the non-traditional student support and programs including the awards ceremony participation, national honor society participation, "brown bag" speaker programs on a variety of topics including time management, stress reduction/elimination, study skills, job seeking assistance with resume writing and interview tips, and parenting skills.
NWC's Student Success Center also provides the non-traditional student assistance with health services, professional and confidential counseling, tutoring, career counseling, transfer information, and study skills.
For more information on Trapper ACES contact 307-754-6135.
Return to List