Northwest College

Trapper Scholarship

The Trapper Scholarship is awarded according to your enrollment history first, then by your academic qualifications and residency:

Enrollment history

  • The Presidential, Excellence and Achievement levels are open to new high school, GED, or homeschooled students who enroll full-time at NWC the semester following graduation.
  • The Explorer is open to students who did not maintain continuous enrollment at NWC or those who did not enroll at NWC the semester after high school graduation, completion of GED or home schooling. GPA requirements must be met at the last school you attended. You must enroll in at least 6 credits to qualify.

Academic qualifications

Your GPA, GED or ACT score determines whether you receive the Presidential, Excellence or Achievement award. Go to Wyoming or Out-of-State to find your award level.


Students in Park County, Wyo., receive a larger Trapper Scholarship than other Wyoming students. Called the Park County Promise, it honors citizens in Northwest College's tax district.


International students and athletes (excluding soccer) do not qualify for Trapper Awards.


Scholarships Office
Orendorff Building, Room 104
307-754-6154 (Fax)