Northwest College

Policies and Procedures

Standards of Student Conduct

Animals on Campus

Bringing animals into college facilities except those animals serving as Service and Emotional Support Animals (as defined by the American Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act), or those used for academic or law enforcement purposes is prohibited.  Although Service Animals that meet the ADA definition are generally allowed anywhere on campus, registration is requested to notify others whose health or safety may be impacted by the animal and to ascertain appropriateness in certain locations.  Proper authorization must be acquired PRIOR to bringing Service and Emotional Support Animals into the Residence Halls.  Once approved, Emotional Support Animals are limited to the student’s residence.  Please contact Disability Support Services (307-754-6227) if you need information about use of service and support animals in college facilities.