ASNWC Constitution / By-Laws
Article III - Representation to the Student Senate
Section A. Members
Representation of the ASNWC Student Body will consist of nineteen (19) members including six (6) Executive Officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Public Relations/Historian, and Student Activities Board Chairperson), five (5) Sophomore Representatives, five (5) Freshman Representatives, and two (2) NonTraditional Age Representatives (23 years of age or older) and one (1) International Representative.
Section B. Eligibility
Any NWC student with the following prerequisites is eligible to hold an Executive Office:
- Has completed no less than twelve (12) credit hours during the most recent fall or spring semester at NWC.
- Has a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Is a full-time student carrying a minimum of twelve (12) semester credit hours at the time of election and during the time of service in an Executive Office.
In addition to the above prerequisites needed to hold an Executive Office, the following requirements must also be met to run for the Student Activities Board Chairperson Office:
- One way for a student to be eligible for nomination by the Student Activities Coordinator for the position of Student Activities Board Chairperson the student must have been an active member of the Activities Board for at least one (1) full semester. If a candidate does not meet this requirement the student may still file for candidacy by carrying out the following steps:
- Complete an interview with the current Student Activities Board Chairperson and the Senate President or their designee. Upon completion of this interview, the current Student Activities Board Chairperson and Senate President may choose to recommend this student for candidacy to the Senate and the Student Activities Coordinator, whereupon the candidacy will be recognized and the student’s name placed on the ballot.
Any NWC student with the following prerequisites is eligible to hold either a General Representative or Appointive Office:
- Is a first semester, full-time student with no college-level GPA and graduated with a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 or completed the GED examination with an average score of fifty (50) or higher.
- Has established a college-level GPA, is enrolled full-time with at least twelve (12) semester credit hours and holds a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Section C. Dismissal
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher must be maintained by all Student Senate members after election. If a member’s GPA falls below 2.5, the student will be dismissed from the Senate. If at any time a member is not enrolled in the required twelve (12) semester credit hours, the student will be notified by the Senate Secretary of his or her disqualification.
- Vacancies will be filled based on the process stated in Article V.