Northwest College

Face coverings now optional in all NWC buildings. Watch for updates this summer at COVID-19 updates

Glossary of Terms

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


Satisfactory Academic Progress
Minimum quantitative and qualitative standards set by Northwest College for course completion that must be met to establish and maintain financial aid eligibility.

Selective Service Registration

All male students 18 years old and born after December 31, 1959, must be registered with Selective Service in order to receive federal student aid.  You can register at 

Stafford Loan
See Federal Stafford Loan.

Student Aid Report (SAR)

The Student Aid Report (mailed FAFSA) or Student Acknowledgement Report (if filed FAFSA electronically at ) is the document the student receives as a result of submitting the FAFSA/Renewal Application.

Student Information Form
Northwest College Financial Aid Office uses this form to collect general demographic information that is pertinent in processing financial aid.

Student's contribution (SC)
The amount that a student can reasonably be expected to contribute toward his or her own educational expenses. (See also Estimated Family Contribution.)

Subsidized Loan
The government pays the interest on the subsidized Stafford loan while the student is in school, during the six-month grace period, and during any deferment periods. Subsidized loans are awarded based on financial need and may not be used to finance the family contribution.

Questions? Call or email us:

Northwest College
Financial Aid & Scholarships
307-754-6158 or 800-560-4692