Northwest College

Returning Students

Financial aid and scholarships don’t automatically renew each year. You must repeat several of the application steps you took as a freshman. It’s easier the second time, but the same rules apply: if you miss any steps or deadlines, you won’t get money.

You may want to print this page and check off each step as you complete it. Do each step in the order listed.

Financial Aid Office

  • I have applied for NWC scholarships at
  • I have applied for federal student aid by (A) creating a Federal Student Aid ID ( and (B) using it to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at (click on apply for aid).
  • If I am a male 18 years and older, I have registered with the Selective Service at .
  • I have completed the NWC Financial Aid Student Information Form and provided all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office.
  • If I am (or my parents are) a federal loan borrower, I have completed a Stafford/PLUS loan Application/Promissory Note. (The Stafford Master Promissory Note is available online at
  • If I am a first time federal student loan borrower, I have completed my Entrance Loan Counseling requirement at
  • If I graduated from a Wyoming high school after 2006, I have inquired about my WY Hathaway Scholarship eligibility by contacting the NWC Hathaway Technician,
  • I have accepted/declined (all or portions) of my Financial Aid Award Letter.

 Click here for a printable version of the above checklist.


Financial Aid
Orendorff Building, ORB104
307-754-6154 (Fax)
307-754-6225 (TTY)

Filing Deadline Reminder

The priority deadline for applying for federal financial aid is March 1st for the fall semester and October 1st for the spring semester. If you submit paperwork after the priority date you may not have your financial aid process completed by the first day of classes and other payment arrangements might need to be made. Additionally, you may miss out on certain types of first come, first awarded campus based aid. So, apply early and contact the Financial Aid Office when you have questions.