includes instruction, textbooks, internship,
CPR certification, and certification exam
Funding may be available.
By completing the Certificate in Personal Fitness Training, you will:
- Prepare to work as a personal trainer in the health and fitness industry
- Learn how to implement a medically based fitness model and the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Risk Stratification process for clients
- Understand the process of conducting a detailed health and fitness assessment
- Identify the business fundamentals of administration, marketing, and management in personal training
- Gain information about nutrition, exercise science, kinesiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics, neurology, client testing and assessment, functional anatomy, and exercise programming
- Prepare to take personal training certification exams from ACE, ACSM, and other national organizations
The Personal Fitness Trainer Online Training program through ed2go will give you the knowledge, skills, and abilities to implement an unique, medically based fitness model for your client. You'll learn how to apply your client's health history, goals, and abilities into a systematic model that will allow each client to progress through different training levels and phases.
This certificate program includes:
- Career path development
- Study of the exercise sciences, kinesiology, and biomechanics
- A medically-based fitness model to use with your clients
- Business administration and management systems in fitness
- Training in conducting health and fitness testing
- Information about the ACSM screening processes
- Analysis of exercise movements and performance
- Training in developing exercise prescriptions for all age groups
Upon registering, you're given six months to complete the online program.
You'll have the unique opportunity to participate in an on-site, practical experience in personal training through a six-week, 60-hour field internship.
There are no specific prerequisites to enter this program, other than an Internet connection, an e-mail address, and basic computer knowledge. Students do need to receive CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Field Internship Program.