Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Ministry
The ministry major is a flexible program emphasizing studies which prepare the student for a career of ministry in the church, on the mission field or in the world at large. It also lays a foundation for seminary/graduate study. The degree is granted upon completion of 125 credits as specified in the catalog (40 credits must be in 3000- or 4000-level courses).
The major focuses the student's attention on courses which aim at proficiency first in the performance of general Christian ministry and then in specified ministry specializations. The major includes core courses and an area of concentration, which consists of completing one of the minors (other than Bible and those listed as academic specialty field minors) listed in the catalog or the equivalent.
- None of the courses used to satisfy core curriculum requirements may be applied to the Ministry major concentration—and vice versa.
- For the student interested in pursuing seminary study, ACL2001 and ACL2002 are recommended. (See the Pastoral Ministry Major for another alternative to preparation for seminary studies.)
- Social Science course in core curriculum must include PSY2108.
- Biblical Worldview & Academic Disciplines course in core curriculum: MIN2216 (OCE).
- B.A. option requires achieving 1002-level competency in an approved foreign language. See the catalog.
|Ministry Core||30 cr|
|MIN1005||Introduction to Ministry||2|
|MIN2105||Theological and Philosophical Foundations of Ministry||2|
|MIN2216||Teaching Methods in Ministry (OCE)|
(see Academic Disciplines requirement above)
|MIN3216||Leadership in Ministry (WCE)||4|
|MIN3231||Introduction to Biblical Counseling||4|
|MIN4991||Ministry Internship I||2|
|MIN4992||Ministry Internship II||2|
|Ministry Courses||2 cr|
|Choose one of the following, in light of your intended area of ministry:|
|CFM2205||Foundations of Children and Family Ministry||2|
|EAM2205||Foundations of Early Adult Ministry||2|
|PAS2205||Foundations of Pastoral Ministry||2|
|YOU2205||Foundations of Youth Ministry||2|
|Selectives as a Concentration||20 cr|
- Complete one of the minors (other than Bible) listed in the catalog.
- Complete an individualized group of interrelated courses chosen in consultation with the academic advisor and approved by the department chairperson. Recommend including: MIN1641, 1642, 1643, 1644 Christian Service I, II, III, IV, MIN3603, 3604 Ministry Experience I, II.
- Twenty credits from Camp Forest Springs (see the catalog).
Note: WCE=Written Communication Emphasis; OCE=Oral Communication Emphasis. See the catalog for explanation and prerequisites.