Questions & Answers about the CCC
This Q & A list is designed for NWC staff to provide you a basic understanding of the CCC as we work together to support and encourage NWC students. Please contact our office directly if you have other questions, comments, etc. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Ask students about their major and career plans and how they are gaining professional experience
- Refer students to the Center for Calling & Career
- Share your employer connections
- Include your student workers in departmental meetings and decisions as appropriate
- Encourage students to join the same professional associations you’re a part of
- Take a look at their resume
- Allow students to conduct an informational interview with you or another staff member
- Point out the skills they’re developing through their work
- Look for ways they can take on more responsibility or more advanced work
- Create your own LinkedIn profile and join the NWC Professional Network group
- Invite students to join your professional network and the NWC Professional Network group
- Post recommendations for students on their LinkedIn profile
- Post career related articles or tips for the NWC Professional Network group
- Connect students to others in your network when asked
Combining calling and career in our name reflects an integrated, Christ-centered biblical worldview of work as one way we live out our call to be citizens and agents of God’s kingdom in the world. Putting calling first emphasizes the importance of living our calling in all areas of life.
Individual appointments, events, and online resources are available to alumni at no charge. Career assessments and special programs have nominal fees. Alumni can schedule appointments for resume reviews, job search coaching, interview preparation, graduate school application assistance, and more. Call the CCC at 651-631-5265 to set up an appointment.
Forward job and internship information to the CCC (email@example.com or 651-631-5265). We’ll be glad to follow up with the employer.
Whether the employer is one that you work with or personally know, or just one that you think is worthy of us getting to know, please forward contact information to the CCC and our staff will reach out to the employer.
CareerConnect is NWC’s online job board for internships and off-campus employment. There are typically over 400 opportunities listed in business, ministry, education, non-profits, and more. Anyone can post on CareerConnect, so if you know of someone with a position to fill, refer them to CareerConnect at www.nwc.edu/career - or contact our office and we'll follow up.
We use assessments in conjunction individual career appointment to assist students and alumni in understanding how their unique design fits with various majors and occupations. Assessments are a starting point for discussions about life and work and not a definitive answer of what someone “should” do.
The CCC tab on theROCK contains links to many important resources including our calendar of events, CareerConnect, CareerSpots informational videos, InterviewStream interactive interview preparation tool, resume and cover letter samples, and “What Can I do with a Major In…”