Music Hall of Recognition
To recognize those individuals who best exhibit the spirit, integrity, and Christian commitment that exemplify Northwestern College and the Department of Music. Former music majors and other individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of music and have brought honor to the Department of Music are eligible for selection to the Music Hall of Recognition.
- Nominees must evidence a continuing commitment to the claims of Christ in his/her life.
- NWC Alumni Nominees:
- must have graduated from NWC or attended a minimum of 4 full time semesters (6 full time quarters). Full time is defined as at least 12 credits.
- must have been a music major.
- must be at least 10 years removed from NWC.
- must have a proven track record of excellence in musical performance, music education, and/or musical leadership.
- Non-Alumni Nominees: Non-NWC alumni may be nominated for their service to the NWC Department of Music.
- No one serving on the Selection Committee may be selected to receive this award while serving on the committee.
- Under extreme circumstances and when necessary, the Selection Committee holds the authority to convene to remove an inductee from the Music Hall of Recognition.
- The Selection Committee will convene in the spring to select inductees for the following fall’s Homecoming. The Committee will consist of:
- Chair of the Department of Music
- Director of Alumni & Parent Relations
- Three members of the Music faculty
- The Selection Committee holds the authority to not make an award in a given year, and no more than two persons will be elected in any given year to the Music Hall of Recognition.
- Nominations will be accepted from alumni, current and former employees of NWC, and others who have a special interest in music at NWC.
- Nominations will be accepted year-round, and a decision to place someone in the Hall of Recognition will be made by May 1 of each year for the following year.
- Persons nominated but not selected will continue to be considered each succeeding year.
- Nominations must be made online (www.nwc.edu/alumni) or in writing and should include as much supporting evidence as possible. Nominations should be submitted to:
Chair, Department of Music
Northwestern College, F2224
3003 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN 55113