| || |
Distinguished Alumnus of the Year
To recognize and honor an alumnus of Northwestern College who has demonstrated God-honoring leadership in the home, church, community, and in his/her profession.
· Distinguished leadership and service to the community.
· Demonstrated leadership and service to humanity.
· Distinguished achievement in his/her profession.
· Active member in a church community.
· Attended Northwestern for a minimum of the academic equivalent of one year or other institutions consolidated with Northwestern College.
· Advocate of Northwestern.
· Significant contributions to Northwestern.
· A Distinguished Alumni Award may be awarded annually at the discretion of the Alumni Council, with administration approval.
· The nomination process shall be open to all members of the Alumni Association.
· The Alumni Office must receive all nominations in writing.
· Recognition is extended to the person who has served quietly and faithfully, as well as to those who are widely recognized for their contributions (financial or otherwise).
· The members of the Alumni Council and the Alumni Director will select the recipient, with the president’s approval.
· If possible, the candidate must plan to spend a day on campus, speaking in chapel and be able to accept the award in person at a public presentation program.