Northwest College works to create a safe, secure learning environment, but ultimately it is the student’s responsibility to observe safety practices while on campus. As a student, it is your responsibility to —
- check your MyNWC portal account to make sure you’re signed up for RAVE Information (Trapper Alerts).
- contact the Safety Escort Service if you don’t feel safe walking on campus after dark.
- always lock your residence hall room and car.
- immediately report missing or lost keys/proximity cards.
- avoid walking alone at night in dark or secluded locations.
- be aware of your surroundings and campus security practices.
- familiarize yourself with the NWC Student Handbook and Residence Hall Guide & Owner’s Manual.
You’ll have many opportunities each semester to learn more about personal safety and security awareness through programs conducted on campus. It’s your responsibility to take advantage of these free programs. Here are just a few of the topics you’ll see offered around campus.
- Project ID
- Theft and violence prevention
- Safe winter driving
- Campus safety walk
- Diversity awareness
- Sexual assault prevention
- Alcohol and drug issues
- Dating violence prevention
- Fire safety awareness